A world of exciting opportunity begins in our Nursery. With two qualified teachers and a team of six teaching assistants dedicated to the smallest members of our school, it is no wonder that the children in Nursery make such impressive progress whilst immersing themselves in days full of creative fun.
How do we do this?
• Outdoor learning– with spacious grounds including a dedicated bike and scooter zone, a mud kitchen and sandpit, a woodland adventure area accessed via a willow tunnel, a Trim Trail and Role Play Cottage our children thrive outside.
• Masterchef– our purpose built child size kitchen is in use every day. Grating and cutting to make soup, picking apples from our tree to turn into apple crumble and making hedgehog bread rolls are just some of the ways that Nursery enjoy both cooking and tasting on a daily basis.
• Explorers– we turn your child into a mini explorer with the perfect balance of teacher led and child initiated learning available everywhere. Every child is supported and challenged to enable them to get off to the best possible start.
• Confidence– as an integral part of the school with the oldest child just 7 years old, Nursery children are inspired during performance opportunities, House Days, sporting fun, assemblies and Music. With weekly access to specialist teachers and irresistible age appropriate lessons our children blossom.
• Innovation– Our talented team of inspirational staff plan and prepare fresh excitement every day to engage the children in purposeful learning to develop the important Early Years skills.
• Parental Engagement– We value the home/school partnership and use Evidence Me in Nursery to share those special moments and keep you in touch with our caring team.
Come and see for yourselves. Visit on a working day. Book a tour by clicking below.
“Children in the EYFS make excellent progress in relation to their starting point” They are “active learners who concentrate well, have their own ideas, investigate and think very creatively” (ISI Report February 2016).